Welcome to the Butler-Dearden Paper Service website.
Based in central MA , Butler-Dearden has been providing superior quality, service and value to our customers since 1882. Look to us for your janitorial supplies , safety products, packaging, Industrial supply and printing paper needs.
Butler-Dearden Paper traces its roots back to the Worcester paper and twine store of Frederick W. Perkins, which opened in 1882. George S. Butler worked in that store and became part owner in 1900. The name of the business was then changed to Perkins and Butler. George Butler became sole owner of the company in 1916 after Frederick Perkins died. George brought his three sons Walter, Claire and Gordon into the business.
The Butlers sensed an opportunity in the marketplace and in 1930 established a new company to specialize in paper for the printing trade. Walter S. Dearden, who worked for Strathmore Paper Co., was brought in to assist in the setup of this operation. The new venture was named Butler-Dearden Paper.
The third generation of Butlers became involved with the company in the 1950’s when Douglas and George Butler joined the company. In 1966 the two companies were merged into one operation, which retained the name of Butler-Dearden Paper Service, Inc. In 1986 Douglas Butler retired and George Butler became President. His son David, who became the fourth generation of Butlers in the business, joined him in 1987.
In October of 1995 the company moved into a brand new building in Boylston, MA, one town outside of Worcester. This state of the art facility allows for an efficient operation. Today Butler-Dearden employs more than 40 people and has come a long way since the paper and twine retail store of 1882. During all the years the company has been successful by keeping at its core the ideal that excellent customer service is the most important product it delivers.